The Comrades of The Great War were formed
in 1917 as a non-political association to represent the rights of ex-service
men and women
List of Bures members dated 1918.
List of Pebmarsh Members dated 1918
On April 11th 1921 the association listed 86 members.
Although nationally the "Comrades"
were amalgamated into the newly formed "British Legion" the
Bures branch for some unexplained reason decided to close.
On March 2nd 1938 the "British Legion
and the United Services Benevolent Fund" was launched in the village.
A selection of Comrade Medals can be
Information by Alan Beales, Pat Creek, Mike Marsh (RBL Sudbury) Anne Snelling (RBL Bures)